Opening a business account in Finland can be done online or at a local branch. The process is relatively simple and requires you to bring some basic documents such as your passport and residence permit with you.
Why you might need a business account in Finland
You need a business account in Finland if you want to do business in Finland, pay taxes in Finland, and/or start an online store in Finland.
Things to know before you open a business account in Finland
In order to open a business account in Finland, you need to have a Finnish social security number. If you are an EU citizen, then you will need to apply for it from your home country and bring it with you when visiting Finland. After that, you will be able to open an online business account in Finland with the help of your foreign passport or any other photo identification document (like driver’s license). Once you have opened an online business account in Finland, it’s important to keep all important documents safe and also to make copies of them every now and then so that they can be used if needed.
Documents you’ll need to open a business account in Finland
To open a business account at a bank in Finland, you’ll need to bring along:
- Residence permit, which is issued by the Finnish Immigration Service (Maahanmuuttovirasto)
- Proof of address. This can be a rental agreement or lease contract for the current residence, utility bill or bank statement showing address details. If you don't have any other form of proof of address (like a utility bill or rent contract), then you’ll need to show your passport and residence permit at the bank office with your application for opening an account.
How to open a Finnish business account
To open a business account, you'll need to visit the branch in person and bring your passport, proof of address (such as a utility bill or rental agreement), and contact information for someone who can be contacted in case of emergency. You may also need to have an interview with a representative at the branch—they'll ask about your financial history and what type of account you want. Be sure to bring along a list of documents that prove who you are and where you live. If you're unsure whether all these documents will actually be needed for your particular situation, it's best to call ahead before running out there!
Can I open a business account online in Finland?
Yes, you can open a business account online in Finland. Meet with wamo. You can open a business account in 10 minutes without visiting Finland.
How to open a wamo business account in Finland as a Company
- Select a passcode and enable face ID (this is optional but good for security)
- Select your business type, country, and industry
- Enter your company name, address and registration number.
- Add your director’s name (or names) and details and scan their IDs.
- Add the company’s Unique Beneficial Owners (UBO) details
- Choose the account holder and scan their ID
After your documents have been reviewed, you can start using the account.